Sunday, May 13, 2007

Great Imperative Meme - Geoffrey Philip


Do you remember Poet Geoffrey Philip? He's the one who wrote the poem, Beginner's Quilt about his mother quilting. Geoffrey recently asked in his blog "What has been the great imperative of my life?" He encouraged several bloggers to answer.
What's my great imperative? Well, the most public one is simply to continue to document African American quilters and quilting. Our creative fabric dreams should be remembered in 20 years, in 50 years, in 100 years. I hope the Black Threads blog helps accomplish this. Love, Kyra

2 comments:

Stephen A. Bess said...

Hello Ms. Kyra-
I participated in this imperative as well. I love quilts, but I've never done it. My grandmother did when she was alive. By the way, thanks for your comment. The art was a piece by Sam Fuller, Jr.

Geoffrey Philp said...

Dear Kyra,
Look out for our mini-interview on Friday.

One Love,
Geoffrey