Monday, February 16, 2009

Thank you! 75,000 visits to Black Threads blog!


Yes, You Count! Many thanks to all who have visited the Black Threads blog since I started posting back in September 2006. I hope you've enjoyed these notes on African American quilts, quilters and other fanciful things. It has been my honor.

This evening I clicked on the map there on the right side, scroll down a bit. The map tracks each visit to the Black Threads blog. So, if you have visited 20 times, the map counts 20 times. Well, since 2006, there have been 75,000 visits!

I hope you continue to enjoy the Black Threads blog by:
  • Clicking the posts in your favorite category. The categories or LABELS are at the bottom of each post or there on the right hand column. Click a LABEL and read more on that topic.
  • Following the blog - sign up at right
  • Receiving an email when there is a new post - sign up at right
  • Continuing to share your quilting news - I'll try my best to post it!
  • Telling a friend about the blog
  • Leaving a comment - I'd love to hear from you! (The quilt here is "I Count" by Kyra E. Hicks) Thank you!

12 comments:

Sarah said...

Kyra--CONGRATS!! I keep up with your blog using RSS and haven't missed a post! Thanks for all you do. I love this site.
Fondly,
Sarah D.

Valerie said...

Congrats! I've been a subscriber (thru google reader) for quite some time now. 75,000 hits is quite an accomplishment.

Fabric Fanatic said...

I'm glad I count. I've been here since the beginning and am still here ~ 75,000 is no small feat. I was excited to see all the countries you have touched; I felt like through this blog we are all connected. Keep on!

Anonymous said...

What a great accomplishment! I always look forward to receiving your posts. I recently created a new web site at www.ovbrantley.com and I was careful to include a link to your blog because you provide so much useful information.

Keep up the good work!

catquiltz said...

Congratulations Kyra this is Catherine from Charleston, Your quilts is marvelous simply marvelous. The website is wonderful and has always proven to be a source of information and more importnatly creative inspiration!!!

Aminat said...

Congratulations, what a great accomplishment 75000 counts? you are really doing fantastic, I always enjoy your posts and the wonderful compliments you leave on my blog. You are such an inspiration.

Mary Emma Allen said...

Congratulations, Kyra. That's wonderful. You're doing a fantastic job here at Black Threads.

Mary Emma
(Quilting and Patchwork)

Fabric Nation said...

Thanks for dropping by. Enjoyed reading your blog, especially all about the Obamam kanga fabric.

Anonymous said...

Kyra,

You may recall that the first sentence of first chapter of Crafted Lives is "Jeanette Rivers counts." All of us who love quilts and quilters are blessed because you share all the things that count with us!

VacaPat

Anonymous said...

Kyra,
Just to say saw your quilt in the black quilts and jazz exhibit at the New York State Museum. The exhibit was a knockout as was your quilt. We met in Cooperstown.

Unknown said...

Congrats on the 75k milestone! Keep doin' what you do...

Myree said...

Keep up the good work!