Saturday, March 24, 2007

Ed Johnetta Miller, Book Cover


Congratulations to Sistah Quilter Ed Johnetta Miller! One of her quilts graces the cover of Michael Downs's new book, House of Good Hope.

Downs writes the story of five, young football players in Hartford, Conn who pledged in high school to return to Hartford one day and make the city a better place. Downs interviews the men years later to determine if the pledge has been honored. House of Good Hope won the 2006 River Teeth Literary Nonfiction Prize. Click here for a 12-page sample of the book.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

You have been selected for the Thinking Blogger Award.

http://www.thethinkingblog.com/2007/02/thinking-blogger-awards_11.html

Your blog is one of the five blogs that make me think.

http://electronicvillage.blogspot.com/2007/03/5-blogs-that-make-me-think.html

Your focused vision for Black Threads is inspiring for me as a newbie blogger. Plus, you're my sister!

I have added you as a technorati fav so that I can keep up on the future posts and I will peruse the past posts over time.

Anyhow, I hope that you enjoy the Thinking Blogger Award!

peace, Villager