Thursday, September 18, 2014

Quilter Cassandra Stancil Gunkel to Speak at Drake Well Museum

Quilter and historian Cassandra Stancil Gunkel will speak on Friday, Sept. 26, at 7 p.m., at Drake Well Museum in Titusville, PA on the topic “The Underground Railroad in Quilts?” Professor Gunkel will examine the controversial questions  - did quilts guide escapes? She's also have historical and reproduction quilts to showcase. The talk is free and open to the public. Light refreshments will be served.  Enjoy!

4 comments:

Teresa Kemp Atlanta's Quilt Lady said...

Ms. Gunkel: We have never met but give me a call or email me at trkemp@PlantationQuilts.com I could have given you the Last Will & Testaments with my ancestors names in it from Dover Hall Plantation in 1844 & 1858 Glynn County, GA. Slave Valuements and more.

I am sending the book done by 5 generations of my family to the publisher "Keeper of the Fire: An Igbo Metalsmith From Awka. It would have cut the debate short.

If you had questions you could not answer.... contact me.

Cordially,

Teresa R. Kemp(404) 468-7050
www.PlantationQuilts.com

UX Designers Delhi said...

What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

Web Designers Pitampura said...

I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

App Development Company London said...

I saved it as a favorite it to my bookmark site list and will be checking back in the near future. Take a look at my website as well and tell me what you think.