Sunday, May 02, 2010

Cross-Stitch Black Women Buttons

Two of my weaknesses include: African American-themed fabrics and clothing buttons. So ..... when I saw these hand-crafted, cross-stitch buttons on etsy, I just had to order them. Each one is about 1.5 cm. I was surprised when the packet from Samantha and Sara arrived in the mail from Montreal. The pair also offer hair barrettes and pins. Do you collect buttons? Enjoy!


Anonymous said...

Hi Kyra. I do collect buttons. I am a native Washingtonian, and on 11 & G st. there used to be a store called the Button Shop. I used to spend hours in that store after school with dreams of owning my own button shop one day. Buttons are fun. Robin


I am a button collectin' fool!! I love buttons that have a nature theme and ethnic flare. Recently on etsy I found buttons that look like pebbles. These are my new favs.

gildaray said...

love the buttons so unusual..My father was born in Washington lived on T St NW Hightower family. His mother was a well known music teacher. She gave Duke Ellington his first piano lessons. Do you know of any sights that have Black ladies in fancy dresses?